OS: Window 7 Enterprise
WAMP version 2.4
1. Download Zend project skeleton from https://github.com/zendframework/ZendSkeletonApplication
2. Unzip the Zend framework and rename it as "ZendProject".
3. Open DOS prompt and change to the "ZendProject folder"
4. Type in the command as shown below to download Zend framework
php composer.phar self-update
5. Type in the command as shown below to install Zend framework.
php composer.phar install
You must enable the openssl extension to download files via https
6. Once the installation has been completed, the output as described below will be displayed
Loading composer repositories with package information Installing dependencies (including require-dev) - Installing zendframework/zendframework (2.2.3) Downloading: 100% zendframework/zendframework suggests installing ext-intl (ext/intl for i18n feat ures (included in default builds of PHP)) zendframework/zendframework suggests installing doctrine/annotations (Doctrine A nnotations >=1.0 for annotation features) zendframework/zendframework suggests installing ircmaxell/random-lib (Fallback r andom byte generator for Zend\Math\Rand if OpenSSL/Mcrypt extensions are unavail able) zendframework/zendframework suggests installing ocramius/proxy-manager (ProxyMan ager to handle lazy initialization of services) zendframework/zendframework suggests installing zendframework/zendpdf (ZendPdf f or creating PDF representations of barcodes) zendframework/zendframework suggests installing zendframework/zendservice-recapt cha (ZendService\ReCaptcha for rendering ReCaptchas in Zend\Captcha and/or Zend\ Form) Writing lock file Generating autoload files
7. In WAMP server, I enabled vhost file by uncomment "Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf" in [WAMP_HOME_FOLDER]\bin\apache\Apache2.4.4\conf folder.
8. Add the configuration as displayed below in httpd-vhosts.conf file located at [WAMP_HOME_FOLDER]\bin\apache\Apache2.4.4\conf\extra folder.
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName zend2 DocumentRoot D:/work/research/Zend/ZendProject/public SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "development" <Directory D:/work/research/Zend/ZendProject/public> DirectoryIndex index.php AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> </VirtualHost>
9. Edit "hosts" file located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder.
127.0.0.1 zend2 localhost
10. Open the browser, type in URL "http://zend2/", the Zend2 framework page as displayed below will be displayed