In general, CocoaPods is equivalent to MAVEN in J2EE project. Lets walk through all the necessary steps to get the concept on how it works.
- Ruby MRI 2.0.0 or 1.8.7 (ships with Mac OS X)
- Open Mac terminal
- Enter "sudo gem install cocoapods" and enter administrator password
- Type in command "pod setup" to install CocoaPods.
- Navigate to the project folder, enter "touch Podfile" command to create Podfile
- Enter command "open -e Podfile" to launch the text editor
- Edit the Podfile file with the configuration as shown below
platform :ios, '5.0' pod 'MMDrawerController', '~> 0.4.0'
- Enter "pod install", MMDrawerController will be imported, a project file with ".xcworkspace" extension will be created.
- Open project file with the extension ".xcworkspace", a "Pods" project will be included. All the imported library will be included in the "Pods" project.