Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Xcode: couldn’t launch app – no such file or directory

Recently, I'm facing a problem when I tried to compile my iOS project and sync into my device (iPad) using Xcode. Error message "Xcode: couldn’t launch app – no such file or directory" keep prompting upon sync the app to the device.

I have tried the solution below which normally work

  1. Disconnect the device
  2. Delete the app from the device
  3. Quit XCode
  4. Delete the derive data folder of the app which normally located at "~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData"
  5. Relaunch XCode
  6. Perform a clean build
However, I can't get it work in my outdated device. I check the iOS version on my device, it is currently running on iOS 5.0.1. When I checked my project, deployment target is iOS 5.1. Hence, I upgrade my iOS to version 6.1 and upgrade my XCode to the latest version so can support iOS SDK 6.1. Finally, manage to get my app sync my device.

No comments: